Can I claim medical / LTC benefits for my dependent mother though my separated father is a railway pensioner?

I am a central govt employee. My father is a railway pensioner. My mother stays with me and father lived separately. May I claim medical claim or LTC for my mother since she us entirely dependent on me.

Yes, but she should not get benefits in the railway department.

Can you share me the rule position?

Kindly, Refer CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988 under Home Town LTC Rule (h).

Point (h) above speaks about husband/wife/children. Question is about separated parents, where father is a pensioner.

As per Ministry of Health and Family Welfare announcement through Press Information Bureau in 2019, for availing of medical facilities under Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), parents are deemed to be dependent on the Central Government employee if they are normally residing with the employee and their monthly income from all sources including pension/ family pension does not exceed Rs. 9,000 plus the amount of Dearness Relief thereon. This condition of dependency is applicable to Pensioners of State Government(s) as well.
Further, in January, 2020, in a significant judgment, the Madras High Court has held that retired and aged parents, more specifically sick parents of married government employees, are also eligible for reimbursement of medical expenses. The judge quashed an order dated April 25, 2019 of the Additional Chief Secretary for Finance (Salaries) disallowing his claim for reimbursement and directed him to re-consider Kathiravan’s claim.

As far as LTC is concerned, “Family” means:-

(i) the Government servant’s wife or husband, as the case may be, and two surviving unmarried children or step children wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not;

(ii) married daughters who have been divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and are wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iii) parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iv) unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried, divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant, provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.

Hence, if the mother is wholly depended on employee, she becomes eligible for medical / LTC benefits.

Should I give any declaration on this. When I told my office they ask me to give declaration though I have noted my mother as dependent in SD.

Basic principle is that, any dependent should avail facilities from any one of them.

that means either from son or father. If she is dependent. that means she would be dependent either of them.

Not on bothm