What is the reservation “Economically Weaker Sections” (EWS)? What is the eligibility and how to avail it?
What is the reservation "Economically Weaker Sections" (EWS)? What is the eligibility and how to avail it?
What is EWS Reservation:
The person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years: Provided that-
- Candidate’s annual family income must be less than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.
- His family must not own more than 5 acres of agriculture land.]
- The residential flat area should be below 1000 sq ft.
- The residential plot’s area should be below 100 square yards if in a notified municipality sector.
- The residential plot’s area should be below 200 square yards if in a non-notified municipality sector.
How to avail it?
The authorities competent to issue MeeSeva are:
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family
There is a DoPT O.M. too in this regard, which you can check for detailed instructions:
ewsf28fT.PDF (774.7 KB)